Wednesday, July 25, 2012

3. Freaking out public schools.

We just got back from doing a Teacher Appreciation Luncheon at a local middle school. As a youth pastor I am always trying to find a way to build bridges with the public schools. However, when I walk into a school and let them know that our church wants to fix lunch for over 100 employees and we don't want anything back, and we don't to preach at them, we just want to serve them... well, every principal looks at me like I  have three heads.

So this got me thinking... if I really were trying to freak out people at the public schools what would I do?

1. I could charm a snake out of a pot of baked beans.

2. I could sneak a prayer handkerchief into every other napkin.

3. I could put a big sign over the water that says, "Living Water" and we could have "Living Sweet Tea" too.

4. I could have one of my volunteers fake an injury and heal them by slapping them in the forehead.

5. I could have everyone hum Amazing Grace under their breath and let it get louder and louder until revival breaks out at a faculty meeting.

6. I could walk over to certain people and ask them if they new they would go to Heaven if they died of complications of high cholesterol due to the four pieces of fried chicken they just annihilated.

7. Or I could obey the laws of the land, provide a hearty meal and a genuine thank you for all they do to educate our students. Then when I got back home I would log on to www.youth-sermons.com for a good sermon and www.baptizedinfruitpunch.com for a good book.




How else could you freak out public schools?

No comments:

Post a Comment